The softest, chewiest chocolate chip cookies. Underbake them slightly in order that they commence with tender edges and soft centers! Use chips AND chunks for magic.
I think one thing as unchanged and homesick as a correct chocolate chip cookie ought to close with token effort.
That’s why i like this chocolate chip recipe: The cookies square measure soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate. They additionally close in one bowl and square measure out of the kitchen appliance in ten minutes or less.
My favorite trick during this direction is to begin with fusible butter. You don’t need to bear in mind to drag it out of the white goods early thus it will soften; you simply need to soften it.
Pour it into a bowl and blend with each sugars, an egg, and vanilla. Finally, add the dry ingredients and also the chocolate chip cookies.
To achieve epic softness, you wish to underbake the chocolate chip cookies simply slightly. Pull them out of the kitchen appliance before the topnotch have set (but the perimeters square measure simply commencing to brown).
This way, once they still cook on the baking sheet a number of minutes longer, they’ll hit best softness AND be safe to eat! Win win.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and/or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a whisk or spatula, combine butter with white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until just incorporated, about 10 to 15 seconds (do not overmix).
- Gradually add flour mixture until crumbles form. If the dough seems too wet, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together. With a spoon, carefully mix in chocolate chips.
- With a medium sized cookie scoop or damp hands, shape the dough into 12 large balls and place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are puffy but just barely golden, about 9 to 11 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.